10 August 2015

Turkiye Day 4 - From Istanbul to Denizli

Assalamualaikum. Marhaba.

Semangat sikit mau sambung entry ni. Few of my friends happily told me they might be visiting Turkiye in the future mainly because of what I've blogged about the country. Like seriously, that one was so unexpected. I scribbled based on what I saw, what I experienced & the feeling I had when visiting Turkiye. Totally didn't anticipate such feedback.

However, I am glad they enjoyed reading my experiences. Maybe bagi aku ni cuma caca cerba, sharing yang ntah apa-apa but for some people; what I scribbled gave them a little bit of 'intro' about Turkiye. Terus si Err rasa ondos (keluar slang Kadazan). Give way please. Perlu ruang untuk menggembangkan diri. Gitu!

Ok mari sambung from where I last stopped (here). 

7 April 2015
Enroute to Denizli 
# RNR owned by Kamil Koc. Major bus companies have their own RNR but sometimes they stopped at public RNR as well.
# Too lazy to go down & take the whole picture of the cafe at the RNR. Sejuk oii!
Before reaching our final destination, we stopped at few bus stations. I woke up every time the bus stopped to dropped off passengers. But I don't remember how many stations we stopped. 

7 April 2015
Enroute to Denizli
# Taken on the way to Izmir.
# Izmir Bus Terminal (Izmir Otogar). 
I remembered this terminal because it was the biggest among all the bus terminals we stopped at. For those who intended to go to Selcuk (Ephesus), one can board the regional minibuses here. 
# Random pictures I took along the way to Denizli. 
I didn't get back to sleep after Izmir. Matahari sudah memancar. I had my breakfast while on the bus. Hasil tapau-an lokums & simits I bought in Istanbul the night before. 
# Give way to bebiri to crossed the road. 
After almost ~11 hours on board the bus from Istanbul, we finally arrived at Denizli Bus Terminal at 730am. Masa ni rasa macam mau ketuk diri sendiri. Why? Because I didn't expect it to be that huge. Memang ada buat research before this trip tapi ntah kenapa memang sudah set mind the terminal would look like the one we have in Double K city. Boohoo me! Boleh-boleh kau samakan level bus terminal di Turki sama KK, Bie! Sobs betul perangai. 
# Main entrance of Denizli ultra-modern Metropolitan Bus Terminal.

Bus dropped us at the parking bay located at the basement level. Pastu naik escalator untuk pi lobi. First thing first, beli tiket Denizli-Goreme. Cuma akan spend one night in Denizli. Next day will be leaving for Goreme pula. Tight sungguh schedule! P to the Yo. Lepas beli tiket, I went down to the lower level where the minibus stop (dolmus otogar) is.
# Banyak major bus companies buka kiosk di sini so ndak payah risau kalau mau keluar pi other cities in Turkey from Denizli. 
# Few cafes at the lower (minibus) level.
# Minibuses a.k.a Dolmus
If I'm not mistaken, the minibus stop for Pamukkale is at Pillar #29. IF! Ingatan aku lately sangat ke laut. Kalau agak-agak ndak confident with my ingatan...refer jak sama signboard at each pillar. Memang ada tulis destination each dolmus. Kalau rasa malas mau baca, tanya jak driver dolmus yang tengah lepak-lepak tepi dolmus. They will be more than willing to help. Turkish adalah sangat helpful walau ekspresi muka diorang macam mau ndak layan jak! Sekian.
# Inside the dolmus. Please know, dolmus ada istilah "standing seat". Fare to Pamukkale is TL 3.50.
# Subhanallah. View on the way to Pamukkale. 
The journey to Pamukkale takes about 20 minutes. With stunning view along the way. Ndak sedar pun sudah sampai area Pamukkale. Pastu pening sebab based on my research, on the way pi hotel akan nampak travertines on my right side. But all I could see was buildings on my right side. So solution adalah to asked the lady sitting next to me. And showed her my hotel's name. As expected, she doesn't know how to explain to me. She then asked the guy next to her. Alhamdulillah the guy works at a hotel nearby...and he knows where my hotel is. Long story short, rupanya dolmus from Denizli akan ikut jalan belakang. No wonder lah tiada langsung kelibat travertine yang aku nampak. Turun dari dolmus, walkertapaki lah pi hotel. 
# Another 'bukit'. Memang exercise paha jaklah aku sepanjang di Turki haritu.
Read: Arrow tu hotel yang aku stay.
Sampai hotel, syukurlah boleh check in awal. After settled semua, teruslah si Err naik bilik. Walau cuaca sejuk gila, mandi adalah perlu before continuing with my itinerary of the day. Ndak siok berjalan kalau sudah rasa rimas sama diri sendiri. Saiko sebenarnya. Kalau ndak dapat check in awal, ndak juga aku mandi. Tetap semangat teruskan itinerary. Tapi ni sebab sudah dapat masuk bilik, teruslah rasa rimas menerpa. Over! 
# My room. After shower, golek-golek atas katil kejap untuk kendurkan urat. 11 jam oii dalam bas. 
Harini aktiviti panjat memanjat. And since matahari macam memancar terik, aku pakai baju nipis jak. And layered with jacket. Matahari memang memancar, tapi haba nan hado sebenarnya. Plan asal mau bawa simit, bolehlah lepak mengudap simit sambil menikmati keindahan alam. Tapi, boleh perangai pelupa muncul di saat genting?!!? Bawa badan jaklah aku naik pi travertines tu. Hampagas betul. 
# Dolmus akan ikut jalan ni untuk balik pi Denizli otogar. Facing this road, the travertines is behind me. 
I climbed the travertines at around 11am. Angin adalah sepoi-sepoi bahasa. Tiada kejadian munculnya angin penampar. But! I got off the travertines with a charred face. Sunburn & windburn! Sungguh mencari nahas. Sudahlah aku cuma pakai sunblock ala kadar. Hmm, honestly I only put a layer of it. Akibat terlampau underestimate the weather there. 

Fuh! Biarlah muka hangus sekalipun demi cotton castle; demi hierapolis. Will continue more about the travertines & the ruins in my next entry. See ya!

eryantierdabdulkarim

18 comments:

Ernie Khairina said...

Kenangan terindah!

kay dolce said...

Bie, soalan first, apa itu ondos?

Cantiknya cuaca! Ok, tak sabar tunggu ur next entry *_*

isabelle frankly said...

Aku jeles.
Jeles sbb kau x ajak aku.

Anonymous said...

That's really a huge bus station I would say!

Azra said...

view snow-capped mountain tu terbaekk!!!

Nina Garcia said...

simit tu ape bie? hahahaha.. sorry tak paham sgt

MissNadeeya said...

Nak ikutttt

Bibie Karim said...

Ernie: Indeed. Next, Fethiye perhaps? Hahaha.

Bibie Karim said...

Kay: Ondos tu macam rasa bangga giler hidung kembang kempis sebab kena puji. Hihi. Cuaca sangat best. Langit biru. Tapi tulah, memang bahana kat kulit lah.

Bibie Karim said...

Is: Eleh ko balik kg aku lagi bikin hati xkeruan. Ok, yang tu aku xnak komen lebih nanti ko kuarkan 1001 fakta aku xleh join aritu.

Bibie Karim said...

Zara: It is. Tu actually view for the 1st level. Basement dia lagi besar. Moden gak.

Bibie Karim said...

Azra: Gigih aku zoom semata nak ambik gambar tu. Sibaik x gegar.

Bibie Karim said...

Nina: Simit tu bun in Turkish. Yums.

Bibie Karim said...

MissN: Alaa da balik pun.

DJ said...

Langit biruuuuuu....xsabar nk smpi cotton castle nih...hehe bilik tu comel!

Bibie Karim said...

DJ: Kat sini je aku jumpa langit biru. Most of the time kat Turki, langit sendu. Mood winter sangat haha. Padahal pi spring. Bilik aku tu ada balkoni mengadap travertines. Tapi idokla cari pasal nak keluar, sejuk giler.

Ish said...

Actually Denizli nie ada apa yang menarik? Bandar dia agak2 besar bandar apa kat cni? Lama jgk yea nak ke Denizli..mmg kena naik coach malam.

Unknown said...

IS: Denizli ni ada banyak tempat menarik juga tapi paling famous Pamukkale tu lah. Its the nearest city to reach the Hierapolis & Travertines. Lama gila kematu montot duk berjam dalam bas. Tapi ok gakler, aku bantai tidur hahaha. Ada je orang gi sini naik flight. Aku nak jimat so naiklah bas.